Thursday, 23 June 2016

Patchwork Stars in Cream and Red

You may have noticed that my miniature making of late has switched focus from food to patchwork quilts. This is completely due to the fact that since having my son in January, I find it impossible to get my polymer clay out and get mini-making. It's just not feasible with a small baby who might need you to stop at any moment. Whereas with patchwork done by hand, you can just put it down whenever and it's fine when you come back. I hope to continue making dollhouse food at some point, but don't want to give up on miniatures altogether. So for now, here is my latest patchwork creation in 12th scale.

cream red dollhouse quilt

I went back to triangles for this one, but stuck with a fairly traditional design. It's the same one I used on my own 'real life' sized cushions a few weeks ago. It's almost the same colour scheme.

Real sized cushion

But much, much tinier, as the tape measure shows.

12th scale dollhouse quilt

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a darling little mini quilt! I've just jumped on the bandwagon of miniatures. I don't have a house but foam board is working just fine for now. I'm so inspired when I see all the wonderful things folks can make for their littles habit! Enjoy that little baby and I've started to follow your blog.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete