Tuesday, 1 September 2015

4 ways in which being pregnant makes you a Time Lord

Dr Who is back on TV this month. Hurrah! It's one of the only things I watch on TV so I'm a little overexcited about it. It occurred to me that there are several aspects of my current pregnant state that bring me closer to being a Time Lord. Apologies if you've no interest in the Whovian Universe, this post will make no sense to you.

1. I have two hearts.

2. My powers of regeneration are amazing. I'll nearly double my blood volume and my hair and fingernails are growing like crazy.

3. I have a constant companion who makes me behave a little better than I otherwise would do.

4. I enjoy odd food combinations (fishfingers and custard anyone?).

Unfortunately I'm not bigger on the inside. I'm definitely just as big on the outside!

And here's a really cool Dr Who quilt because I love it:


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a time lord...I don't follow Dr. Who, but I am sending good vibes and prayers for your pregnancy...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic and Brilliant post! Allons-y! Yeah, Whovian here as well, although I am only up to series 3 at the moment.
    Congratulations. (This post made me laugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Whovian! Love that series, even watching the re-runs time and again. Is the quilt in miniature? I often wondered if any miniature has made something from Dr. Who

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a miniature quilt, I couldn't find much in the way of Whovian miniatures which were to scale (plenty of tardis shaped ceramicware exists if that's what floats your oat). But since I quilt as well as make miniatures, I found this quilt just gorgeous!

      Delete