Friday, 23 January 2015

Blue and Brown

Here are a couple of patchwork cushions I made on request recently, with a blue and brown theme.
 
 
I hand sewed all the triangles and squares, then hand appliquéd the petals on. I used a machine to add the brown and cream borders, and to make the envelope openings at the back. I enjoy a bit of peaceful hand-sewing, it's a nice way to spend a few dark winter evenings indoors.
 
 
 
I need to work on the placement of some of my petals,
I suspect investing in some disappearing chalk/pens would help!

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable that these are miniatures not to mention they were hand sewn! You obviously see something about hour petals that I don't see because they look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been clearer, these aren't miniature! I also do some patchwork sewing when I get the chance. I WISH I could sew that precisely in miniature!

      Delete