Saturday, 8 November 2014

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I've nearly always had long hair, mostly due to the fact I'm too lazy to go to the hairdressers very frequently. And I'm lucky enough that my hair is naturally straight, so pretty easy to scrape back into a pony tail and ignore. Anyway, I decided I was due a chop, and due to my aversion of hairdressers, I tend to get quite a lot lopped off at once. But I thought, what a waste of hair. So after a little research, I decided to donate my hair to the Little Princess Trust, who make and supply real-hair wigs to children in need of them (often due to cancer treatment). You have to make a minimum donation of 8 inches, so this wasn't going to be a short trim.
 
Exhibit A: 9 inches of fresh hair.
 

 
Exhibit B: yours truly working her new style.
 
I'm not a naturally out-of-focus person,
Just not quite got the hang of selfies.
 
I'm rather loving my short hair at the moment, I feel light as a feather! But I expect I'll go back to my old ways soon enough and grow it all back. So I'll hopefully be donating again in another 3 years or so. And it's a nice side effect that it might make a child going through hard times' life just a little easier.
 
If you're interested in donating either hair or money to the Little Princess Trust, go check out their website which is full of information.

2 comments:

  1. You look fab with shorter hair plus you've donated to a worthwhile cause. My Sister had a real hair wig and I can tell you this small thing made all of the difference to her =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! It's a clause that's close to my heart too.

      Delete