Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Still crafting

What with all the constant building work in my house, it's hard to find the time and space to make miniatures at the moment. But that doesn't mean I've given up crafting all together. I just need something I can pick up and put down quickly, and that doesn't mind a bit of dust in the air (anyone who's ever worked with polymer clay will understand what a no-no dust is!).

So I've been sewing, in particular hand sewing quite a bit recently. Here is the fruit of my most recent labour:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187668060/patchwork-mini-quilt-summer-wild-flowers?ref=shop_home_feat_1


I think it classes as a mini quilt as it's only 15" x 14.5" although it's certainly not mini by dollhouse standards! I made up the design and very much enjoyed making it using a technique called English paper piecing. How many animals can you spot hidden in there?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I counted 8 if you consider butterflies and fish as animals.
    Great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case you can count anything with eyes - there's a few more in there!

      Delete
  2. I count that there is 11 - 3 x mouse.. 4 x bee.. 3 x butterfly and 1 ladybug..
    Was it even close..?? :)
    MiniHugs, Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what it is too, but I could easily lose one!

      Delete