Friday, 31 January 2014

Workspace, what workspace?

So in good news, from previous posts you can probably guess that I did manage to achieve my New Year's resolution and I have in fact made some miniatures this month. Hurrah! In bad news, it doesn't look as though 2014 is going to be anywhere near as productive as previous years. Even if I had the spare time, my facilities are much reduced!

Exhibit A:

 
This was my workspace in the old house. Small and compact (it was essentially a corridor rather than a room), but everything I needed in one room except the oven, and easily to hand. I loved my little, labelled drawers!
 
 
Exhibit B:

 
My current 'workspace' - in other words the dining room table. Everything I need to make miniatures is packed in various boxes in various rooms about the house and I can't find anything. What's worse, since this is a space we actually need to use on a daily basis, I can't leave anything out so miniatures that require several steps in the oven or are overly complicated are not popular right now. In good news, at least the oven is on the same floor!
 
I hope this situation will only be a temporary one. There are a couple of places in the new house I'm thinking of conquering as my own, but it's so far down the list of DIY priorities it isn't worth spending too much time thinking about right now. A girl can dream!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment