Thursday, 12 December 2013

Random Christmas Craft

I made this recently. I had little oddments of Christmassy fabric and no sewing machine available, so I made this little project. It is entirely hand-sewn and made using English paper piecing.
 

Can't get the hand of photographing sewing projects!
 
I rather enjoyed making this. Unlike most of my sewing projects, it was quite small (7.5" in diameter) and therefore quick to complete and instantly satisfying. It only took me a few evenings start to finish. I was going to use it as a pot holder or a table centre for my round table, but it's too pretty to cover up so I think I might sew on a tag and hang it on one of the many nails in my walls.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Your hand stitching is perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think it has a lot to do with the English paper piecing technique I used - I can't hand stitch for toffee without those paper pieces.

    ReplyDelete