Friday, 18 October 2013

This is Halloween

It's Halloween soon, so here are some miniature pumpkins
I made recently with just that in mind.



The whole time I was making these, I couldn't stop humming 'This is Halloween' from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which happens to be one of my all-time favourite films ever.

Boys and girls of every age,
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see,
This, our town of Halloween!

This is how obsessed with Nightmare before Christmas I am. Here are Jack and Sally from a poster I made for the corridor of my 1st year dorm at university to cheer the place up. (It wasn't even Halloween.) Jack and Sally are both A4 sized, it was a massive poster! I couldn't get a photo of the whole thing. Luckily I had understanding flatmates.



 
 I never celebrated Halloween growing up. It wasn't a particularly big deal in the UK at the time, and my mother is French, where it was unheard of when she grew up. So American movies are what I base most of my ideas of Halloween on!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment