Friday, 4 October 2013

Combining crafts

When I'm not making dollhouse miniatures, I like to do patchwork and quilting. And while I was researching (by which I mean procrastinating) on Etsy, I came across something which wonderfully combines the two.

 
 
I found them at SydneyStyle on Etsy, which is full of great mini patterned fabric, but that was my favourite.Teeny tiny scale patchwork fabric. I'd have no hope of producing this in actual patches (I struggle enough with real life sized patches) but these are great, you could stitch the edges and make them look very realistic.
 
But it got me thinking, are there people in this world talented enough to actually patchwork in miniature?  And yes, as it turns out there are!
 
 


These are all by Miniatures Forever on Etsy

 
By ArtislunaMiniaturas on Etsy
Perhaps when I'm stuck on what to do with my teeny-tiny scraps of leftover fabric I will have a go at this, but for now I will just drool over these lovely miniature creations and appreciate how fiddly they must have been to make.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. creo que en las miniaturas tenemos verdaderos artistas en todos los trabajos que nos podamos imaginar.
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deliziosi copriletti! Un bel lavoro.
    Un caro saluto, Manu

    ReplyDelete