Saturday, 14 September 2013

Rainbow Cake

Here are my rainbow inspired goodies. I used the same rainbow layers to create two different looks, with different purposes.
 
For the jewellery makers, I made these simple but durable rainbow cake slice charms.
 
 
 
And for dollhouse miniaturists I used made a more realistic version using liquid fimo for the icing and texturing on the cake itself. I used the leftover cake layer cane to make tiny heart and flower decorations for the top of the cake.
 
 


And with a penny for scale
 I don't make proper dollhouse miniature cakes with slices very often, so I was quite pleased with how these turned out.


 

2 comments:

  1. Great looking cake! I made quite a few of the rainbow cakes for my daughters birthday, the kids loved them ;)

    ReplyDelete