Thursday, 18 July 2013

Scrap Clay

What do you do with your scrap clay? I hate to throw perfectly good Fimo away, so I try to find uses for leftover clay from the misshapen  end of canes. Sometimes I use them as 'innards' for things that later get covered, or sometimes I mix them up some more and make new colours, or funky patterns.

The other day I had some leftover shades of green from my leek-making session. I was playing with it absent-mindedly, and ended up making this little chap. Due to the random way the shaded Fimo was squashed together, he is shaded on one side and contrasting on the other. I rather like him!


 
I've no idea what I'll do with him, but I've baked him now so he's a keeper. What random uses have you put your leftover Fimo to?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have this pencil box full of all the bits and pieces of my clay, you never know when you are going to need to mix a smigen of color into translucent clay ;)

    I do paint my scrap bakes with acrylics from time to time if it is a funky mix of blah.

    ReplyDelete