Thursday, 11 July 2013

Christmas in July

I didn't quite make the candy shop of my dreams this week, but I did complete enough miniature candy to make some very cute gingerbread houses. I know it's early, so let's call it Christmas in July. Why should we only have gingerbread houses at Christmas anyway?

Here is my latest 12th scale creation. I'm very pleased with how the gingerbread itself turned out. The colour is not too flat.

The Rainbow Gingerbread House



I made these mottled purple hearts using
 the leftover clay from my purple heart candy cane
(as seen on the roof).
 
I haven't yet decided if the next couple of gingerbread houses are 'finished'. This very festive one looks a little too bare to me, but I don't want to overdo it.
I'm loving the little white 'smoke' coming out of the chimney pot.

And this gingerbread house somehow ended up a little squat looking, so I think I shall add a base and garden to it. The great thing about fimo, is you can re-cook it as many times as you look. Handy when you have no clear design plan in mind like me!
 

 
I also have a few more completely blank gingerbread houses left to decorate, so when inspiration hits, I shall be ready! I'll update when I've finalised these designs.
 


3 comments:

  1. Mi piace la casetta di pan di zenzero, sembra proprio vera!Un saluto, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! kinda want to nibble on it.

    ReplyDelete