Wednesday, 20 March 2013

My other, other hobby...

Miniature making is my main hobby, but I also enjoy sewing, patchwork quilting to be precise. It's a fairly recent thing for me - I only learnt to sew last year. And that's a generous use of the word 'learnt', I am very much a novice still, making it up as I go along and hopefully improving.

In my usual style, I decided to run before I could walk and committed myself to making my very first Baby Jane quilt in time for Chistmas. A Baby Jane quilt is based on the blocks from the original Dear Jane quilt, a quilt made by Jane A. Stickle in 1863. It consists of 225 individual patterns - each square and border triangle is different.

The original Dear Jane quilt

As you can tell, I am probably biting off far more than I can chew. If you want to check out my progress, or simply have a chuckle at all my beginner sewing mistakes, check out My First Baby Jane blog. Here's a taster of my first attempt at a Baby Jane block:



No comments:

Post a Comment