Saturday, 9 February 2013

Bag End in Miniature

Not a still from a film reel, but a real life miniature!
Despite being a massive Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fan, I have yet to see the recent Hobbit movie. I'm just rubbish at going to the cinema. But its release did remind me of a wonderful dollhouse I was lucky enough to see in real life a couple of years ago, when it was displayed at the Dollhouse Emporium in Ripley, Derbyshire. Bag End has been beautifully and painstakingly recreated by Maddie Chambers in detailed 12th scale.
 
 
It looked great from the outside, then the lid comes off and wait until you see the interior!
 
 
She created everything inside to fit in with the hobbit theme, including the necessarily vast amounts of food (one must be adquately stocked for second breakfast after all).
 
 
 I love the pictures over the mantlepiece, and all the bits and bobs left lying around by Bilbo.
 
 
The photos are great, but it honestly looks even better in real life. No idea if and when it will be exhibited again, but if you ever hear it is near you, go and have a look! That's enough eye candy for now. Hopefully I'll finally get myself off to the cinema before they stop showing the Hobbit.
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment