Sunday, 30 December 2012

So long 2012. Long live 2013!

As 2012 draws to an end, I'm feeling the urge to be nostalgic. It has been a fairly busy year for me, as well as for the UK in general.

We had the Diamond Jubilee, which I, erm, missed. Like the good patriot I am, I accidentally booked a fortnight holiday abroad while it was on, so far in advance it never occurred to me I would be missing anything. Never mind. It was constantly on tv where I was, and it looked like the British (well the English at least) were having a good time, and I had a brilliant holiday too!

Then we had the Olympics. Yet again, I must confess to allowing this to more or less pass me by. I watched Louis Smith just miss getting gold on the pommel horse (sobs of 'you'll do it in Rio!' echoed through the room) as well as a few other gymnastic events, but other than that, I just couldn't get very excited about it. I was always picked last for P.E (on account of being unable to catch, throw or run with any success whatsoever, I don't blame the other kids!), and no amount of flag waving is going to make me enjoy athletics. It was good watching the Queen parachute in though.

Now it's getting to that time of year again when I think I really ought to make some plans and promises for the coming year. In my case, I shall keep my New Year's Resolutions few and simple.

1) I will wash my craft work tiles straight after I've been varnishing/gluing/painting, rather than let it dry on and ruin yet another blade scraping it all off. (I already broke this one today.)

2) I will try not to let my Etsy shop run pathetically low on stock. Of course, if I miraculously sell 50 items in one day, I will let myself off the hook. You can't complain you're low on stock if it's due to high sales! But if I'm selling at my usual steady rate of one or two things a week, then I've got no excuse for not listing anything for 6 weeks!

3) I will attempt a new design or technique once a month. And here is January's new piece in advance (this totally counts?). I've also made a step by step tutorial for this, but you'll have to wait a little longer for that to be finished! Happy New Year!


How do you like your eggs in the morning?



No comments:

Post a Comment