Sunday, 3 October 2010

Miniatura 2010

I've just been to Miniatura 2010 at the Birmingham NEC for the first time. Squee! I don't have any photos to share as I always feel a bit weird asking people if I can photograph their stall. So I'll have to describe it to you instead.

There were lots of different types of miniatures on show and for sale, including dolls, food, houses, furniture and building equipment and tools. I was particularly interested in getting some new tools, as I don't have a dollhouse to furnish (boo!). There was also plenty of smaller scaled options as well as the usual 12th scale. The building merchants were especially helpful giving instructions on how to use their products (such as lighting, flooring, fireplaces etc). Great for someone like me who doesn't have a clue.

There were some amazing artisans on show, as well as cheaper options for the not quite-so-well off miniaturist. All in all, I'd say if you are at all interested in dollhouses, it's worth the £7.00 entry fee to have a look round. If you're organised you can book tickets in advance for cheaper. Miniatura is held twice a year in March and October at the Birmingham NEC and lasts 2 days. For more information check out www.miniatura.co.uk. I'm looking forward to March already!

No comments:

Post a Comment