Sunday, 31 January 2010

The Power of the Light Tent!

I HATE taking photos for my Etsy shop and the honest reason is, I am not very good at it. I cannot blame my camera, it's wonderful. It's just down to a lack of skill. But I can partially blame the elements. I live in the UK and we are pretty lucky to get any sunshine at all. And in the Winter, even if the sun is shining, I am at work during daylight hours, so it's no use to me. I am either in total darkness, or fighting glare and shadows. It's just not a good look.

So my wonderful and incredibly thoughtful husband bought me a little light tent and white bulbs for Christmas. I am not into gadgets (I kept my last mobile phone for over 5 years) but this one I LOVE. It totally removes the glare and dark shadows, plus it doesn't matter if it's night or day. Since the dawn of civilisation mankind has done his best to overcome nature, and now I have too!

A couple of before and after photos to illustrate my amazing new toy:



I've re-taken 6 sets of listing photos for my etsy shop at www.littletimewasters.etsy.com and I'm hoping it will improve my views/sales now that people can actually see what I've made. Eventually I will redo all my listings, but I still hate taking photos and this was as much as I could bare to do in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment